Website Link

Visit the 'Jo Bain - Artist' website at www.jobain.co.nz

Monday, November 3, 2014

"I see Red"


"I see Red"
Definitely how I feel today. Have had surgery done on my nose and lets just say there has been a lot of blood. Had acute sinusitis and allergies for 12 years, so fantastic that I am sorting that out at last.
As an expressionist I paint how I feel not just what I see.
So this Painting," I see Red"was finished earlier this year but I didn't exhibit it with the Life is But a Dream series as it was so intense and full of emotion. I was annoyed how I couldn't think, focus or     paint with the sinus headache and then realised, why not paint how IT feels…                                                      
Being one to always look at the positive I thought of all the things that were red beside pain, anger, or  aggression. So this is that Painting, there is the road full of Autumn colour and the glorious beauty of red. Its good for the Artist to paint about all sides of life, not just the nice. What does pain look like? grief? loneliness? I enjoy exploring and expressing in colour life's full plate.
Funnily enough its a green palette I am working with today but thats another story…..