Website Link

Visit the 'Jo Bain - Artist' website at www.jobain.co.nz

Monday, July 25, 2011

Art News Jo Bain

You make a living from what you get
You make a life from what you give
Winston Churchill quote I saw in hospital, so true
Very quiet week, detoxicing from all the drugs poured into me for 5 months,
I feel a little lost, lucky I have the family round me and a project to complete, I love a challenge, painting a Manniquin for the Wearable Arts, in Warkworth over the month of August,
very interesting how the shape influences the paint. Will post a photo when done !!!
Also entered the Depot, in Devonport, Portrait Show starting this week...
Sending one of my new people panels I've begun of medieval style people at important moments in life, this is New Born, the emotion and colour, its like burqundy crystals, stain glass windows portrait , very different style for me. I like all the black, great contrasts.
My solo sow is on in Northcote until 3rd august at NorthArt. beautiful large pieces painted all but one at Regional parks in this neck of the woods, some lovely paintings of the light through the trees and old gravestones among trees and flowers. Come and see me in there, I am on duty at the Gallery, 31st July 10 to 4pm email is currntly out but call me for detailsPh 09 424 1190