Website Link

Visit the 'Jo Bain - Artist' website at www.jobain.co.nz

Thursday, July 14, 2011

ART NEWS FROM JO ! Done and Dusted!!!!

DONE! DELIVERED! SHOW WAS BUBBLE WRAPPED,
20 HUGE PIECES /TRAILER FULL! TARPAULIN ON! [and bucketing down]
AND MY LAST CHEMOTHERAPY TODAY!
FOR AN ENCORE HAD TO TAKE TRAILER TO CHEMO!
WAS SO COOL,
they hang show, choose pieces, do advertising/ invites/ Opening, food, its funny I thought it would be hard to let go of control, they may not even pick my favourites, but it feels GOOD,
I really feel so happy for myself,
firstly completing a goal I had ,THREE years ago, to work slowly on these big pieces,
paintings that would SAY something, [more political?] maybe just a stronger voice, a honest, Pure, in you face, look! Listen!, I often add words now and have to say I was pretty proud of myself still completely project, what with this and that,
gave her gallery, NorthArt, Paintings to choose from and I am at my low LOW moment with chemo, supposed to be in bed dribbling.... nah, way over rated.....
Now hope you can be there, on SUNDAY for the Opening 4 to 6pm at Northcote,
you have to see this, I am super excited to SEE what they have done with them [as I won't have seen it either...]
loading pictures of new Paintings on website to coincide with Exhibition 'Switch".
My own family don't recognize them as mine, can't wait to see the reaction.....
If you need more info. call us at pH 09 424 1190 Or North ART website or pop to mine www.artistjobain.co.nz
Hope your life's are as blessed and wonderful, aren't WE LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!