Website Link

Visit the 'Jo Bain - Artist' website at www.jobain.co.nz

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

From in the midst of my chemo

My knight in shining armour fixed everything! rang the hospital, got stronger medicine within an hour it was faxed, picked up and I had relief from nausea 24/7 , 24 hours, instantly.
Gone after 3 minutes!!!!!!! One month of putting up with being so sick, hey, isn't chemo like this?
Gone ,GONE, I laughed out loud and couldn't stop!
Being Jo Bain, I started to sketch, by the next day started to paint, i felt like me again, in fact I think this is the best work i have ever done.
I might be onto some of the most important series of paintings in my career....
Am I strange to be enjoying my cancer, does that make me an optimist ?
or plain crazy, to always see the silver lining?
I feel absurdly happy and good about life, I am in a good place with so many joys
and all those beautiful people in the community being nice to me, I feel lucky.
I must update my website with new photos, some of the new stuff sells as I finish it,
maybe not only I can see they are good paintings.... so pleased the creative flame in me still burns on.... www.artistjobain.co.nz