Website Link

Visit the 'Jo Bain - Artist' website at www.jobain.co.nz

Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Quiet Time"by Jo Bain

Been a very quiet time, but I really am appreciating the time to slow down and take a respite, to just be in the moment and appreciate all the small joys each day brings.
Have just completed my second chemo and have lost my hair, feel embarassed to be even worried about such vanity but you really do still feel the same, your spirit is intact and untarnished.
Energy is low but still manage to draw the ideas and read /research ideas, and in the future these paintings will come in with a hiss and a raw!!! Even began a journey!
Have been accepted for the Original Art Show and paintings are ready for Easter Show, it has to be work from the current year so its great that i am usually so prolific because I had finished some special ones from plein air painting of trees at Wendlehlom and local trees at Stanmore Bay.Also
working on spontanous pieces that I do just for me to get the emotions out, very raw, direct and simple, they come from the place of nothingness so don't have to be important, or to have an end result but actually really like them, often finished off with drawing on top of the canvas.
Funnily enough I have sold everyone people have seen so life sure is full of surprises...